‘8 Questions’ With Neag School Alum Alicia Bowman

Alicia Bowman
Neag School alum Alicia (Qerim) Bowman ’01 (ED), ’02 MA, ’08 6th Year serves as principal of West Woods Upper Elementary School in Farmington, Conn. (Photo Credit: Shawn Kornegay/Neag School)

Three-time Neag School alum Alicia (Qerim) Bowman ’01 (ED), ’02 MA, ’08 6th Year is now in her sixth year serving as principal of West Woods Upper Elementary School in Farmington, Conn. This week, Teach.com — an educational web resource for information on becoming a great teacher in any state across the country — features Bowman in its “8 Questions” series, which showcases teachers who have transitioned their classroom skills into new and exciting careers in the field of education.

“From my internship experiences, my time as a student at UConn’s Neag School, and my years as a sixth-grade teacher, I understood the power of professional collaboration and shared accountability — for adults and students,” says Bowman. “My job now, as principal, is to create the culture and conditions for joint work to happen in regular, meaningful ways.”

Read Bowman’s full profile story on Teach.com here.