We hope that your Commencement Weekend will be a joyful celebration for you, your family, and friends.
Dean Gladis Kersaint and the entire Neag School of Education congratulate you on the completion of your studies and wish you continued success.
On this page, you will find information on the following:
Graduate Commencement: Saturday, May 9, 2020
Saturday, May 9, 2020 — 1:30 p.m.
Harry A. Gampel Pavilion, Storrs campus
|11 a.m.||Pre-Ceremony Reception Begins for Graduates and Guests (Student Union Patio, rain or shine)
Hooding assistance will be available. Light refreshments to be served. Don’t miss our Commencement photo booth!
|By 12:15 p.m.||Procession Forms by School/College in the Field House|
|12:30 p.m.||Doors Open — Gampel Pavilion|
|1:30 p.m.||Commencement Ceremony Begins
If you plan to participate in the Graduate Commencement Ceremony, we urge you to complete and submit this RSVP form as soon as possible.
Undergraduate Commencement: Sunday, May 10, 2020
Bachelor of Science Degree Candidates
Sunday, May 10, 2020 — 9 a.m.
Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts, Storrs campus
If you require any special accommodation, please contact email@example.com in the Neag School Dean’s Office.
|7:45 a.m.||Student Procession Forms in Gentry Building Atrium|
|8 a.m.||Doors Open for Guests at Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts|
|8:45 a.m.||Class of 2020 Procession Begins|
|9 a.m.||Commencement Ceremony Begins
(Not on campus? The Undergraduate ceremony will be livestreamed beginning at 9 a.m.; link to come)
|10:30 a.m.||Reception Begins for Graduates and Guests (Student Union Patio, rain or shine)
Light refreshments to be served. Don’t miss our Commencement photo booth!
Doctoral Commencement: Monday, May 11, 2020
Monday, May 11, 2020 — 6 p.m.
Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts, Storrs campus
|4-5 p.m.||Student Processional Forms (Harriet S. Jorgensen Theater, the “little” theater)|
|5 p.m.||Doors Open for Guests at Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts|
|5:15p.m.||Candidates and Faculty Processions Begins Procession to Jorgensen Auditorium (Harriet S. Jorgensen Theater, the “little” theater)|
|6 p.m.||Commencement Ceremony Begins
If you plan to participate in the Doctoral Commencement Ceremony, we urge you to complete and submit this RSVP form as soon as possible.
Guest Tickets and Other Day-Of Information
Guest tickets will be available for each Commencement ceremony, at the UConn Barnes and Noble on the Storrs campus, as follows:
- Master’s & Sixth-Year Ceremony — Graduating students will receive seven guest tickets each. If you are a sixth-year candidate and do not possess a UConn ID: In order to be issued guest tickets, identify yourself as a sixth-year student and provide your PeopleSoft ID number to the ticket staff at the UConn Bookstore. For the 2020 ceremony, there will not be any extra tickets available beyond the allotted seven. If you plan to participate in this ceremony, complete and submit your RSVP as soon as this form becomes available.
- Undergraduate Ceremony — Graduating students will receive 10 guest tickets each. Guest tickets can be picked up Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on the second floor of the UConn Bookstore. Tickets are not available on weekends. If you need additional guest tickets beyond the 10 allotted tickets for this ceremony, you can request them via our web form.
- Doctoral Ceremony — Graduating students will receive six tickets each. For the 2020 ceremony, there will not be any extra tickets available beyond the allotted six. If you plan to participate in this ceremony, complete and submit your RSVP as soon as this form becomes available.
Find additional information regarding where and when to pick up guest tickets. Please remember to bring your UConn ID with you when picking up tickets.
Alcohol is not permitted at the ceremonies and will be confiscated before entry in Gampel and Jorgensen.
For the safety of all, bags and backpacks larger than 10” x 10” are prohibited in the theater. Small bags and purses are permitted. An exception will be made for medically necessary items and diaper bags after proper inspection. All bags are subject to search.
Balloons are prohibited from the auditorium.
CAPS AND GOWNS
Graduates may reserve and pick up their cap and gown at the UConn Bookstore in late March. The Ticket Desk will be open from 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Bookstore on the Storrs campus. Find additional information. You must wear proper attire under your graduation gown. Mortarboards should be worn straight.
If you have family and friends who are unable to attend your Commencement ceremony, each ceremony will be live-streamed — with closed captioning — so anyone can enjoy it from afar. Visit totalwebcasting.com/live/uconn to watch each ceremony live.
Traffic into the Storrs area is extraordinarily heavy on Commencement Weekend; please allow plenty of extra time. Parking will be available at no cost in the North and South Parking Garages. Shuttle buses will run from parking lots F, X, 9, and S to and from Gampel for the duration of Commencement Day events.
Immediately prior to and following the Commencement ceremony, we ask that you remain in your seats, free from aisles, until all members of the platform party, faculty, and students have entered/exited the venues.
STUDENTS AND GUESTS WITH DISABILITIES
The following accommodations will be available (ushers will be on site to provide assistance):
- ASL interpreter on stage
- Special seating for people with hearing disabilities
- Special seating area for individuals who use wheelchairs
- Handicap parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis in designated areas on campus and on the ground levels of the North and South parking garages. Please contact Parking Services for specific questions at 860.486.4930.
Please check back frequently for up-to-date UConn Commencement information at commencement.uconn.edu/may.
UConn complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding non-discrimination, equal opportunity, affirmative action, and providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. Contact: Office of Institutional Equity; (860) 486-2943; firstname.lastname@example.org; equity.uconn.edu.