Postdoctoral Research Associate
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Ph.D., Educational Psychology (focus in School Psychology), University of Connecticut
6th Year Certification, Educational Psychology, University of Connecticut
MA, Educational Psychology, University of Connecticut
BA, Psychology, University of Connecticut
Dr. Iovino is a postdoctoral scholar in the Department of Educational Psychology and at the Collaboratory on School and Child Health at the University of Connecticut. Dr. Iovino has presented nationally and published on topics such as family caregiver health and well-being, school-based behavior screening, and supporting district and school implementation of policies and practices related to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child model. Her primary research interests involve social–emotional and behavioral assessment and intervention that supports positive outcomes for children and their caregivers.
- Chafouleas, S.M., Johnson, A.H., Riley-Tillman, T.C., Iovino, E. A. (2021). School-based Behavioral Assessment: Informing Prevention and Intervention (2nd Edition). New York: Guilford.
- Iovino, E.A., Chafouleas, S.M., Sanetti, L.M.H., & Gelbar, N. (2021). Pilot evaluation of a Facebook group self-care intervention for primary caregivers of children with developmental disabilities. Journal of Child and Family Studies, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10826-021-02047-6
- Iovino, E.A., Perry, H.Y., Chafouleas, S.M., & Bunyea, A. (2021). Caregiver voices: Initial impact of COVID-19 on family caregivers of children with and without developmental disabilities. Global Journal of Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities, 8(5), https://juniperpublishers.com/gjidd/pdf/GJIDD.MS.ID.555748.pdf
- Iovino, E.A., Caemmerer, J.M., & Chafouleas, S.M. (2021). Psychological distress and burden among family caregivers of children with and without developmental disabilities six months into the COVID-19 pandemic. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 114,103983. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ridd.2021.103983
- Chafouleas, S.M., & Iovino, E.A. (2021). Comparing the initial impact of COVID-19 on burden and psychological distress among family caregivers of children with and without developmental disabilities. School Psychology. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1037/spq0000426
- Auerbach, E.R., Chafouleas, S.M., Briesch, A.M., & Long, S.J. (2020). Exploring the alignment of behavior screening policies and practices in U.S. public school districts. Journal of School Health, 90, 264-270. https://doi.org/10.1111/josh.12872
- Chafouleas, S.M., Iovino, E.A., & Koriakin, T.A. (2020). Caregivers of children with developmental disabilities: Exploring perceptions of health-promoting self-care. Journal of Developmental and Physical Disabilities, 32, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10882-019-09724-x.
- Auerbach, E.R., Chafouleas, S.M., & Briesch, A.M. (2018). State-level guidance on school-based screening for social, emotional, and behavioral risk: A follow-up study. School Mental Health, 11, 141-147. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12310-018-9278-z
|Office Location||Gentry 119A|