Assistant Professor of Measurement, Evaluation, and Assessment
Ph.D., Psychology (Evaluation and Applied Research Methods Concentration), Claremont Graduate University, 2009
M.A., Psychology (Evaluation and Organizational Behavior Concentration), Claremont Graduate University, 2003
B.A., Psychology, University of South Carolina at Columbia, 2001
Dr. Bianca Montrosse-Moorhead (Measurement, Evaluation, and Assessment program) joined the University of Connecticut in 2013. At the university, she serves as an Assistant Professor, program coordinator for the Graduate Certificate Program in Program Evaluation, and teaches coursework in evaluation and research methodology. She is also co-chair of the EvalYouth Global Network, a vibrant new international network focused on giving a voice to and building capacity among young and emerging evaluators and youth stakeholders. Motivated by a desire to bridge gaps between the academic and practical domains of Evaluation, her scholarship is guided by three primary goals: (i) to develop stronger evidence-informed evaluation practices; (ii) to advance valid and actionable evaluative knowledge; and (iii) to examine the inputs, process, and impact of preK-12 interventions designed to promote social betterment and educational equity.
Honors and Awards
Dr. Montrosse-Moorhead is the 2014 recipient of the American Evaluation Association (AEA) Marcia Guttentag Award, the association’s only early career award which recognizes early career promise of evaluation scholars, and whose applied work is consistent with the AEA Guiding Principles for Evaluators.
In 2015, Dr. Montrosse-Moorhead was selected to serve as an official delegate of the American Evaluation Association and attend events occurring during Global Evaluation Week, which aimed to commemorate the International Year of Evaluation and launch the 2016-2020 evaluation agenda.
Areas of Expertise:
Research on Evaluation
Equity in Evaluation
- Griffith, J. C., & Montrosse-Moorhead, B. (2014). Editors’ notes for revisiting truth, beauty, and justice: Evaluating with validity in the 21st century, 142, 1-8.
- Griffith, J. C., & Montrosse-Moorhead, B. (2014). The value in validity, 142, 17-30.
- Montrosse-Moorhead, B., Griffith, J. C., & Pokorny (2014). House with a view: Validity and evaluative argument, 142, 95-105.
- Robb, S. M., Smith, D. D., & Montrosse, B. E. (2012). The context of the demand for special education faculty: A study of special education teacher preparation programs. Teacher Education and Special Education, 35, 128-139.
- Montrosse, B. E. & Young, C. J. (2012). Market demand for special education faculty. Teacher Education and Special Education, 35, 140-153.
- Smith, D. D. & Montrosse, B. E. (2012). Special education doctoral programs: A ten-year comparison of the suppliers of leadership personnel. Teacher Education and Special Education, 35, 101-113.
- Tyler, N. C., Montrosse, B. E., & Smith, D. D. (2012). The supply: Profile of current students and recent graduates in special education. Teacher Education and Special Education, 35, 114-127.
- Fredricks, J., McColskey, W., Meli, J., Mordica, J., Montrosse, B. E., and Mooney, K. (2011). Measuring student engagement in upper elementary through high school: a description of 21 instruments (Issues & Answers Report, REL 2009–No. 098). Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Education, Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Evaluation and Regional Assistance, Regional Educational Laboratory Southeast.
- Aronson, J., Cohen, G., McColskey, W., Montrosse, B. E., Lewis, K., and Mooney, K. (2009). Reducing stereotype threat in classrooms: a review of social-psychological intervention studies on improving the achievement of Black students (Issues & Answers Report, REL 2009–No. 076). Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Education, Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Evaluation and Regional Assistance, Regional Educational Laboratory Southeast.
- Schroeter, D. C., Coryn, C., & Montrosse, B. E. (2008). The proposal review process: An example from the Graduate Student and New Evaluator Topical Interest Group. The Journal of Multidisciplinary Evaluation, 5, 25-40.
- Dewey, J., Montrosse, B. E., Schroeter, D. C., Sullins, C., & Mattox, J. R. (2008). Evaluator competencies: What is learned versus what is sought? American Journal of Evaluation, 29, 268-287.
- Christie, C. A., Montrosse, B. E., & Klein, B. M. (2005). Emergent Design Evaluation: A case study. Evaluation and Program Planning, 28, 271-277.
Co-chair of EvalYouth, an International Evaluation Network
Connect with Dr. Montrosse-Moorhead:
A copy of her Dr. Montrosse-Moorhead’s bio and curriculum vitae can be downloaded here: Montrosse-Moorhead Bio and CV
|Phone||860 486 0177|
|Office Location||Gentry 326|
|Office Hours||See https://goo.gl/L000AM|