Where to find us:
The Neag School of Education's home base of operations is on the UConn Storrs campus in the Charles B. Gentry Building, located at 249 Glenbrook Road (between North Eagleville and Hillside Roads). The original building, completed in 1960, is named after Charles Burt Gentry, who served as director of the Division of Teacher Training until 1940 and, from 1921 to 1940, held the position of dean and twice served as the University’s acting president. The original structure received a $10 million addition and facelift 40 years later and was dedicated in the fall of 2004 as the first wireless building on the Storrs campus. The 20,000-square-foot wing added to the building’s west side was funded by the state’s UConn 2000 and 21st Century UConn budgets, as well as privately raised funds.
Some of the Neag School’s operations are housed at other locations. They include:
The Neag Center for Gifted Education and Talent Development
Gordon W. Tasker Building
2131 Hillside Road
* The National Research Center on the Gifted and Talented
Teacher Certification Program for College Grads (TCPCG)
10 Prospect Street
Hartford, CT 06103
99 East Main Street
Waterbury, CT 06702
1084 Shennecossett Rd.
Groton, CT 06340
Please visit the Lodewick Visitor's Center in person or online for detailed information about driving directions, parking, lodging and campus tours.
For a complete map of the campus, which offers building, keyword, and location search, visit maps.uconn.edu