Dr. Jason Irizarry
Professor of Curriculum and Instruction
Dr. Jason Irizarry is interim dean of the Neag School of Education, professor, and faculty associate in El Instituto: Institute for Latina/a, Caribbean and Latin American Studies. He most recently served as the Neag School’s associate dean for academic affairs. He has taught undergraduate and graduate courses in multicultural education, culturally responsive curriculum development, participatory action research, and urban education. A central focus of his work involves promoting the academic achievement of youth in urban schools by addressing issues associated with educator preparation. His first book, The Latinization of U.S. Schools: Successful Teaching and Learning in Shifting Cultural Contexts, was awarded the Phillip C. Chin Book Award from the National Association for Multicultural Education. He is also the co-editor of Diaspora Studies in Education: Toward a Framework for Understanding the Experiences of Transnational Communities. Irizarry has an Ed.D. from the University of Massachusetts-Amherst.
His research interests include urban teacher recruitment, preparation, and retention with an emphasis on increasing the number of teachers of color, culturally responsive pedagogy, youth participatory action research, and Latino/a students in U.S. schools.
Assistant Dean and Chief Operating Officer
Jeffrey Crouse serves Assistant Dean and Chief Operating Officer of the Neag School. In this role, he is responsible for managing the administration of the Neag School of Education and acts as the chief agent for all administrative matters, including overseeing the areas of fiscal administration, facilities, information technology, human resources, and the Dean’s Office operations.
Dean’s Office Staff
- Stefanie Dion Jones, Director of Communications and Digital Strategy; 860.486.4777; email@example.com
- Marcy Jarzabek, Director of Development; 860.462.3905; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jamison Judd, Director of Technology; 860.486.2645; email@example.com
- George Michna, Director of Assessment, Accountability, and Accreditation; 860.486.2995; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emily Murray, Director of Alumni Relations; email@example.com
- LeShonda Owens, Assistant to the Dean; 860.486.6841; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ann Traynor, Interim Assistant Dean and Director of Advising and Certification; 860.486.1354; email@example.com