The Neag School 2024 Undergraduate Commencement ceremony will be held at the Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts at UConn Storrs.
- Date: Sunday, May 5, 2024
- 7:45 a.m. — Student procession forms in Gentry Building Atrium. If there is severe weather, an announcement will be posted on this webpage and an email sent to graduates by 7:30 a.m. May 5, canceling the procession. In that instance, students will instead be directed to gather in the lower level of the Jorgensen before the ceremony.
- 8 a.m. — Doors open for guests at Jorgensen
- 8:45 a.m. — Class of 2024 procession begins
- 9 a.m. — Ceremony begins at Jorgensen (Note: the ceremony will also be live-streamed.)
- 10:15 a.m. - 12 p.m. — Reception for graduates and their families in the Gentry Building Atrium
Master’s and Sixth-Year Candidates
The 2024 Graduate Commencement ceremony for master’s and sixth-year diploma candidates will be held at Gampel Pavilion at UConn Storrs.
- Date: Monday, May 6, 2024
- 6:30 - 7:30 a.m. — Hooding of graduates and light refreshments in the Gentry Building Atrium. Family members and loved ones are welcome!
- 7 - 7:45 a.m. — Student processional forms in the Fieldhouse.
- 8 a.m. — Doors open at Gampel Pavilion
- 9 a.m. — Ceremony begins at Gampel (Note: the ceremony will also be live-streamed.)
The 2024 Graduate Commencement ceremony for doctoral candidates will be held at the Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts at UConn Storrs.
- Date: Monday, May 6, 2024
Guest Tickets, Regalia, Parking, and More
- Information about obtaining tickets and regalia is available on the University's Commencement website.
- Directions and parking information is also available on the University's Commencement website.
- Flash Photography is the official photographer for the University’s Commencement ceremonies. Proofs will be sent to the email address provided on the Name Reader cards distributed at the ceremonies shortly after graduation. Pictures can be ordered online or by phone. Flash Photography can be contacted via email or telephone.
- Members of the audience using hand-held cameras may take photos during the ceremonies. In order to accommodate everyone, individuals are requested to move to the side of the stage for only a short interval and then return to their seats. No tripods will be allowed in Jorgensen or Gampel.
- The Commencement ceremonies will be livestreamed via Total Webcasting for those who cannot attend in person. (The 2023 ceremonies will be added to the top of the page as we get closer to the events.)
- Metal detectors will be in use at all ceremonies held in Gampel Pavilion and the Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts. You will be asked to remove cameras, cellphones, headwear, keys, and other large metal objects. You will not need to remove belts, coins, wallets, watches/jewelry.
- Balloons are not permitted at the Commencement ceremony venues.
The University's Commencement Office has established a website to provide easy access to information regarding the Commencement ceremony. Many specific questions are addressed under Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). Driving directions and nearby lodging information are also available on the website.
If you wish to contact the Neag School of Education directly, email firstname.lastname@example.org.