Bianca Montrosse-Moorhead (She | Her)
Dr. Montrosse-Moorhead is accepting graduate students for Fall 2023.
To learn more about Dr. Montrosse-Moorhead’s evaluation and research work, please visit her lab website.
Other ways to connect with Dr. Montrosse-Moorhead:
- Fostering Computational Thinking through Neural Engineering Activities in High School Biology Classes
- External Evaluation of the Early Childhood Personnel Equity Center
- UConn Office of Outreach & Engagement Needs Assessment
- Systematic Review of Youth Participatory Evaluation Studies
- The Applicability of Natural Language Processing Techniques in Evaluation
PhD, Psychology (Evaluation and Research Methods Concentration), Claremont Graduate University, 2009
MA, Psychology (Evaluation and Organizational Behavior Concentration), Claremont Graduate University, 2003
BA, Psychology, University of South Carolina at Columbia, 2001
Areas of Expertise:
- Evaluation design
- Improving evaluation quality
- Strengthening evaluator education
- Applied studies of educational policies and interventions designed to promote student learning and equity
Honors and Awards
- In 2021, Dr. Montrosse-Moorhead was awarded the EvalYouth Award in recognition of her international contributions to evaluation.
- Dr. Montrosse-Moorhead was the 2014 recipient of the American Evaluation Association (AEA) Marcia Guttentag Award, the association’s only early career award.
Important Service to the Field
- In January 2023, Dr. Montrosse-Moorhead will assume a 3-year term as Co-Editor-in-Chief of New Directions for Evaluation, one of the field’s major national and international journals.
- Dr. Montrosse-Moorhead is a former elected American Evaluation Association board member (2018-2020).
Recent Publications (total = 21)
*Graduate or undergraduate student co-author.
- Aldemir, T., Davidesco, I., *Kelly, S. M., Glaser, N., Kyle, A.M., Montrosse-Moorhead, B., & *Lane, K. (2022). Investigating students’ learning experiences in a neural engineering integrated STEM high school curriculum. Education Sciences, 12, 705–974.. https://doi.org/10.3390/educsci12100705
- Montrosse-Moorhead, B., *Gambino, A., Yahn, L., *Fan, M., & Vo, A. T. (2022). Evaluator education curriculum: What ought to be taught in master’s and doctoral programs? American Journal of Evaluation, 43(2), 26–292. doi:10.1177/10982140211020326
- *Cintron, D., & Montrosse-Moorhead, B. (2021). Integrating big data into evaluation: R code for topic identification and modeling. American Journal of Evaluation, 43(3), 412–436. https://doi.org/10.1177/1098214021103
- Montrosse-Moorhead, B., Ensminger, D., & Roseveare, C. (2021). How do we teach and learn with evaluation cases? New Directions for Evaluation, 172, 53–67. https://doi.org/10.1002/ev.20483
- Montrosse-Moorhead, B. (2021). If building trust is important, how do we teach novice evaluators to do it? Canadian Journal of Program Evaluation, 35(3), 384–394. doi: https://doi.org/10.3138/cjpe.69797.
|Phone||860 486 0177|
|Office Location||Gentry 338|
|Office Hours||See calendly.com/bianca-eval|