Associate Professor of Research Methods, Measurement, and Evaluation
PhD, Psychology (Evaluation and Research Methods Concentration), Claremont Graduate University, 2009
MA, Psychology (Evaluation and Organizational Behavior Concentration), Claremont Graduate University, 2003
BA, Psychology, University of South Carolina at Columbia, 2001
Dr. Bianca Montrosse-Moorhead is an Associate Professor and Director of Online Learning for the Research Methods, Measurement, and Evaluation program at the University of Connecticut (UConn). She is also an Affiliated Faculty member for the Center for Educational Policy Analysis, Research, and Evaluation, and for the Center for Applied Research in Human Development, both housed at UConn. As an evaluation researcher, educator, and practitioner, Dr. Montrosse-Moorhead specializes in evaluation methodology, theory, practice, and capacity building. Her research focuses on improving evaluation quality, evaluator education, and conducting applied studies of policies and educational interventions designed to promote student learning and educational equity. Her scholarship has appeared in the American Journal of Evaluation, New Directions for Evaluation, the Journal of Multidisciplinary Evaluation, Evaluation and Program Planning, Early Childhood Research Quality, and Teacher Education and Special Education. She regularly provides reviews for the major evaluation journals and Sage and Routledge’s evaluation textbook divisions. In 2014, Dr. Montrosse-Moorhead was awarded the American Evaluation Association’s (AEA) Marcia Guttentag Award for early career contributions. In 2015, her study on evaluator competencies was selected for inclusion in a 4-volume set, Contemporary Trends in Evaluation Research, because it is considered an exemplary study that made a significant contribution to the field. In 2017, she was appointed to the editorial board of New Directions for Evaluation, a leading evaluation journal, and elected to a three-year term on the AEA Board. From 2015-2019, she chaired EvalYouth, an international network that aims to build evaluators’ capacity throughout the world. From 2018-2021, she served as the Vice Chair for the International Society for Evaluation Education that seeks to improve the quality of evaluation education across the globe. In 2021, Dr. Montrosse-Moorhead was awarded the EvalYouth Award in recognition of her international contributions to youth participatory evaluation across the globe. She also has an active evaluation practice, and to date has secured over $15.5 million dollars in external grants. A highly sought after educator, and known for her engaging and practice-oriented teaching style, Dr. Montrosse-Moorhead has facilitated workshops and teaching clinics for the United Nations; the American Evaluation Association; the American Educational Research Association; the European Evaluation Society; the African Evaluation Association; the Latin American and the Caribbean Network for Monitoring, Evaluation and Systematization; the Red de Monitoreo y Evaluación de América Latina y el Caribe; and the International Development Evaluation Association.
Honors and Awards
- In 2014, Dr. Montrosse-Moorhead was the recipient of the American Evaluation Association (AEA) Marcia Guttentag Award, the association’s only early career award.
- In 2015, Dr. Montrosse-Moorhead was selected to serve as an official delegate of the American Evaluation Association and attend events occurring during Global Evaluation Week, which aimed to commemorate the International Year of Evaluation and launch the 2016-2020 international evaluation agenda.
- In 2015, Dr. Montrosse-Moorhead’s study on evaluator competencies was selected for inclusion in a 4-volume set, Contemporary Trends in Evaluation Research (Sage Publications), because it is considered an outstanding example of research on evaluation that made a significant contribution to the knowledge base.
- In July 2017, Dr. Montrosse-Moorhead was appointed to the editorial board of New Directions for Evaluation.
- In August 2017, Dr. Montrosse-Moorhead was elected to a three-year term on the American Evaluation Association board.
Areas of Expertise:
- Program Evaluation
- Research on Evaluation
- Policy Evaluation
- Evaluation Practice
- Research Methodology
- Equity in Evaluation
- Evaluation Quality
Connect with Dr. Montrosse-Moorhead:
A copy of Dr. Montrosse-Moorhead’s bio and curriculum vitae can be downloaded here: Montrosse-Moorhead Bio and CV
|Phone||860 486 0177|
|Office Location||Gentry 338|
|Office Hours||See https://goo.gl/cbp93X|