Seeking Nominations for 2020 Neag School of Education Alumni Awards
The nomination process for the 2020 Alumni Awards is now open through Thursday, Oct. 31, 2019.
The Neag School of Education Alumni Board is currently seeking nominations for its 2020 Alumni Awards. You are invited to nominate deserving alumni for the six prestigious awards. Criteria and required nomination material is noted below.
The most prestigious of these awards is the Distinguished Alumni Award. Candidates for this award are identified by the dean and faculty of the Neag School of Education. This award is given annually to a graduate who has made a significant impact on education, has a national reputation for her/his work, has been an inspiration to other professionals, and has shown continued involvement with the Neag School of Education.
All award recipients will be honored at the 22nd Annual Neag School Alumni Awards Celebration in March 2020 in the Rome Ballroom on UConn’s Storrs campus.
Outstanding Higher Education Professional
A faculty member or administrator at a college or university
Outstanding School Superintendent
Leader of a public or private school system
Outstanding School Administrator
A principal, assistant principal, central office administrator, or director
Outstanding School Educator
All pre-K through 12th-grade educators including classroom, reading, technology, ELL, school counselors, school psychologists, etc.
A professional working within the public or private sector
Outstanding Early Career Professional
A promising young professional in the first five years of his/her career in education
Criteria for Nomination
- Alumni status from the Neag School of Education
- Demonstrated excellence in the award category
- Significant contributions to her/his educational environment
- Professional and/or community service
- Five years or more of service in the award category, excluding Outstanding Early Career Professional
1. The following materials are required for a completed nomination:
- A personal letter from the individual making the nomination describing the significant qualifications, abilities, characteristics, and achievements that make this nominee an outstanding candidate for the award. Please, no self-nominations.
- A copy of the nominee’s curriculum vitae or resume.
- One additional letter of support is required; up to two letters will be accepted and reviewed.
- Optionally, submit any additional supporting documentation that will assist the selection committee in evaluating the nominee’s suitability for an award (e.g. publications, previous awards, news articles, etc.).
2. Complete the online nomination form, including the submission of materials mentioned above (electronic submission is preferred).
Please gather ALL materials before completing the online nomination form.
The 2020 nomination process is open through Thursday, Oct. 31, 2019.
If you have paper-based supporting materials, please send to:
c/o Neag School of Education
249 Glenbrook Road, U-3064
Storrs, CT 06269–3064